Freight management refers to the entire process of organizing inbound and outbound goods for transportation. This process ensures that the right products get to the right places in the right timeframe and at the right price. We do this by coordinating the processes between all parties—carriers, distributors, vendors, and shippers—to prepare, ship, store and receive freight. The goal is simple; get the cargo to its destination safely, timely and in the most efficient way possible.
Following are the processes which are involved in freight management.
1. Route optimization: ensuring the fastest route(s) for transportation
2. Rate negotiation: finding the right price with the right carrier and services
3. Claim management: organizing and handling scenarios (insurance or otherwise) of lost or damaged goods
4. Tariff and regulation management: ensuring the goods and transportation are compliant with government protocols
5. Warehouse distribution: handling organization of packages in warehouses throughout the transport process
6. Carrier and vendor management: maintaining relationships with everyone along the supply and transport chain
7. Integrations: working with organization departments, transportation management systems (TMS), and enterprise resource planning systems (ERP) to centralize and streamline
That’s our goal here at DHTC Logistics Limited; we don’t just provide you with trucks to get your goods from factory to consumer, we also focus on the details to make the overall process smooth and hassle free.
Our unique model creates freight management programs custom-built around your business’s individual needs. We don’t have a standard freight system we use for everyone. We believe that customization of the platform, in union with cutting-edge technology, ensures the most streamlined and effective transport chain.